CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 3299
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDynamic Blocks - Flipping a Linear Parameter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BehzadCAD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: AutoCAD2013
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dynamic Blocks - Flipping a Linear Parameter
    Posted: 07.Mar.2016 at 03:14
Dear Reader,

I hope this is not a repeated topic. If it is, excuse me and lead me to that topic.

Subject:

We can stretch object with a linear parameter in different direction if we specify the angle of stretch. (See Screen1.jpg)

Issue:

When I try a flip parameter, and test the block, I
see after flipping, when I change the linear grip, the stretch on vertical element goes in the wrong direction.

Note:

You can see 2 blocks in attached drawing. Block A is a copy of an Architectural door block and Block B is what I am testing.

You can see Block A works and Block B doesn't.

Does anyone know what I am missing here in applying the flip action?

I will appreciate your help. I will share my final block as a thank you in here for everyone to use.

Waiting desperately for answer.

Kind Regards,
Behzad

BehzadCAD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Mar.2016 at 23:05
Forty-something view but no reply Unhappy 

I think I have to set a variable to the right value before applying the flip action. Googling right now Ermm
BehzadCAD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Mar.2016 at 23:24
Well,

I found the answer Clap

However I leave it as a challenge for viewers Thumbs Up

Comment if you want to know what went wrong in my drafting or you have similar issue.

Have a lovely day
BehzadCAD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Mar.2016 at 22:53
131 view so far and no reply Stern Smile (it will be 128 or close, not counting myself!)

Does all +100 people looked at the e-mail know what went wrong and don't bother?

Well, for the first topic I made in the forum this is unexpected result and I feel very welcomed here!

Have fun
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Mar.2016 at 23:50
You asked and answered your own question but did not bother to share your new found knowledge.  I guess you could say what goes around comes around.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

BehzadCAD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10.Mar.2016 at 02:33
Mr John,

I rather share what sounds interesting. On the other hand, I made it a challenge! Didn't you read it all?

I would care sharing when i see there is at least one person WONDERING!

I care to see if anyone cares and I am excited to share what I learned to someone! But who? You? If you viewed this topic previously and left the page not caring what might be the answer, why you are bothering now with replying and trying to prove something?!

I care enough to come to page every couple of hours to see if someone has same problem or is interested to see the fixed problem!

To be honest, your reply wasn't nice. Thanks for the "welcome to the board" from a senior member!

Regards

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10.Mar.2016 at 11:30
I didn't have access to my CAD computer so there was no way I could open the drawing and test your dynamic block.  I'm not going to apologize for that.  If you want to leave and never come back that is entirely up to you.  I for one will not lose any sleep over it.  If you really must whine then go do it somewhere else.

Edited by John Connor - 10.Mar.2016 at 12:30
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

BehzadCAD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10.Mar.2016 at 23:40
 Mr John,

You interpret my words in your mind and answer your interpretations!

Nothing was said about leaving!

Nothing about "Why you did not answer my topic"

Nothing about apologizing!

These are your interpretations of straight forward post! I don't see it necessary to explain myself to you more!

You sleep or not it is your business!

I keep checking MY topic every morning when I come to work and few times there after. I WILL wait for someone who may face the same issue and wonders what is the solution or someone who is interested enough to reply and ASK "hey Bez, I like to know how to flip a linear parameter without getting error in your example!" Then I share what I found with him/her.

If knowledge is not packed with humbleness, it is poison! 

Finally, this is my Topic. I am following the rules of the board and I like to express myself HERE. If your interpretation of it is "whining", then let it be! But why go somewhere else? I feel being criticized by a SENIOR member on my first topic on the board and I like to express it!

I will wait for a nice reply from someone else who is humble enough to say he/she doesn't know something. 

The time we THINK we know EVERYTHING is the time we know NOTHING!

Regards

Edited by BehzadCAD - 11.Mar.2016 at 00:07

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Mar.2016 at 00:17
YAWN!  Are you done yet?

You're the one with the attitude right out of the gate crying about how nobody responded to your thread.  So what?  It happens a lot of times for a lot of reasons.  Go take a cold shower and calm down.  It ain't the end of the world....yet.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

BehzadCAD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Mar.2016 at 01:02
Again avoiding facts and interpreting!

I don't need your reply. Sleep well.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic