CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 8866
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReassign pan function to side-mouse button

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
csubuka View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2012
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reassign pan function to side-mouse button
    Posted: 09.Mar.2016 at 23:58
Hi!

Is it possible to reassign the pan function (mid button press by default) to one of the side buttons of my mouse without 3rd party apps or factory drivers on Windoes 7 with AutoCAD 2016? I guess CUI macros will not achieve the same functionality as the regular pan and as far as I can see the Windows basic driver can not remap any button to anything else. 

Am I stuck and the only way is to install Setpoint and remap mid-button functionality to other buttons there? *This way I have to fight my way through IT, who are in the process of replacing my brand new mouse which had a really bad mid click with another one that will probably be just as bad :D

So I should find a pan workaround just in case and alo I want to work without a hurting hand until that arrives...
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10.Mar.2016 at 11:33
Before you go home tonight buy an Intellimouse and swap it for the bad mouse the next morning.  These things are ridiculously cheap.  No hand pain, no workarounds, and no waiting for IT to get off their fat bums and do it for you.

Another option is to just use the command alias < P > to start the command.  How difficult is that to do?

Edited by John Connor - 10.Mar.2016 at 20:17
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

csubuka View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2012
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Mar.2016 at 23:01
Thank you for the reply. Well installing the Setpoint solved it. This time the IT guys made an exception with "3rd party" software :D Otherwise I like it now...

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic