CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 12415
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOpening dwg in Autocad 2016LT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BvdS3340 View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2008, Inventor2010
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opening dwg in Autocad 2016LT
    Posted: 10.Mar.2016 at 20:25
I just installed a trial version of Autocad 2016 LT. When I open a drawing saved as Autocad R14 or Autocad 2011, I get a weird pattern of lines on my screen, looking like a spider web. I cannot select these lines to find out what they are. It looks as if it has to do with dimensions and leaders, but not all of them. One or 2 lines coming from the 0,0 coörd.The pattern shows in model space as well as in the lay-out.
Any one who has a clue?
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Mar.2016 at 00:21
Attach a copy of the drawing to your next post and I'll open it up on my computer using AutoCAD 2016 to see if the same thing happens.

Personally, I don't think it has anything to do with the version of AutoCAD that the drawing was saved in because I open drawings from many versions of AutoCAD dating as far back as 1985 and have no problems that sound like what you described.

Any problems creating a new drawing with LT 2016?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

edwinprakoso View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: AutoCAD 2016
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Mar.2016 at 09:29
My guess it you have graphic adapter issue, check this solution on Autodesk Knowledge Network: Unwanted linework appears when opening drawings in AutoCAD 2015/2016
BvdS3340 View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2008, Inventor2010
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Mar.2016 at 17:10
Thanks John Connor and Edwin. Yes, it was a video card / graphics issue and the solution is to be found in the Autodesk Knowledge base: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Unwanted-linework-appears-when-opening-drawings-in-AutoCAD-2015.html
For me the problem is solved. To John: on the page mentioned above you can find an example of the problem described.
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Mar.2016 at 17:38
Glad to hear you got your problem resolved.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic